1. She wept bitter tears over her lost youth.
2. He gained some weight recently.
3. Welcome to China!
4. You are always welcome to our house.
5. The police found the lost treasure in an abandoned well.
6. I live in the west of the city.
7. America is a western country.
8. I went out in the rain and got wet through.
9. What color is your dress?
10. What, do you really want to go?
11. They are grinding wheat into flour.
12. There are four wheels in a car.
13. When did that happen?
14. Turn off the switch when anything goes wrong with the machine.
15. He was fond of drawing when he was a child.
16. Where did she get the news?
17. This is where he lives.
18. I don’t know whether he is willing to come.
19. Which book have you read?
20. I want to take away the book which you showed me yesterday.
21. He lost his way, which delayed him considerably.
22. While Mary was writing a letter, the children were playing outside.
23. The children were whispering in the corner.
24. She said it in a whisper, so I didn’t hear.
25. He gave a loud whistle of gladness.
26. Her face turned white at the news.
27. Do you know who broke the window?
28. This is the man who wanted to see you.
29. The whole country was anxious for peace.
30. That is the man about whom we were speaking.
31. Whose house is that?
32. The reasons why he did it are obscure.
33. He is a man of wide interests.
34. She stared at him with wide eyes.
35. She is a good wife and a devoted mother.
36. North America has the world’s best climate for wild grapes.
37. I will do my best.
38. Free will makes us able to choose our way of life.
39. The rich man left his son nothing in the will.
40. Are you willing to help?
41. He soon won a reputation for himself.
42. The wind blew my hat off.
43. He looked out of the window.
44. He likes to drink red wine at supper.
45. The bird’s left wing was hurt.
46. Winter is the coldest season in a year.
47. I wiped my shoes on the mat before I came in.
48. She wiped her tears away.
49. The rope was not strong enough, so we used wire.
50. He is a man of great wisdom.
51. You are wise to remain silent.
52. I wish you a good journey.
53. I wish I knew his address.
54. His wish to be an actor has come true.
55. She is friendly with them.
56. You are either with me or against me.
57. Without the sun, nothing would grow.
58. It is said that there are wolves in this forest.
59. Woman is physically but not mentally weaker than man.
60. They wondered at his learning.
61. I wonder who he is.
62. Autumn is a wonderful season.
63. You should put some more wood in the fire.
64. Tell me what happened in your own words.
65. It was hard work getting the children off to bed.
66. He has read many of Hemingway’s works.
67. Your car radio works very well.
68. The medicine worked.
69. He is the richest man in the world.
70. The travel enlarged my world.
71. Many birds eat worms.
72. I’m afraid he is getting steadily worse.
73. We thought that the situation was as bad as it could be, but worse was to follow.
74. The house is worth a lot of money.
75. Whatever is worth doing at all is worth doing well.
76. They wanted to know when you would go to the park.
77. Would you please lend me your pencil?
78. The wound is healing fast.
79. I’ve been writing for three hours.
80. I wish he would write more often.
81. It’s wrong to tell lies.
82. There is something wrong with the car.
83. I’ve known her for years.
84. The leaves turn yellow in autumn.
85. Answer with a plain “yes” if you agree with me.
86. He arrived yesterday.
87. He hasn’t done much yet.
88. She is vain and foolish, and yet people like her.
89. You must all listen carefully.
90. This young girl is my daughter.
91. Your hands are dirty.
92. I believe that you can work out this problem by yourself.
93. In his youth, he had shown great promise.
94. The youth of the country are being ignored by politicians.