1. Every morning he spent two hours training for the race.
2. He has traveled widely.
3. Nothing can travel faster than light.
4. He met many interesting people in his travels.
5. This museum has many art treasures.
6. My mother always treats us like children.
7. We plant trees and flowers in spring.
8. He was trembling with rage.
9. The murder trial lasted six weeks.
10. They planned to make a wedding trip to Paris.
11. There is a troop of monkeys in the woods.
12. I had the same trouble when I first bought my house.
13. Did you have any trouble finding your way here?
14. I’m sorry to trouble you, but I wondered if we could have a word some time.
15. She gave the true account of what had happened.
16. My husband trusts me and I don’t intend to break that trust.
17. Can you trust his account of what happened?
18. There is no truth in what he says.
19. He is trying his best to understand his meaning.
20. Would you like to try this jacket on for size, sir?
21. After a few tries they decided to give up.
22. Next Tuesday is his birthday.
23. The earth turns round the sun.
24. Nothing will ever turn him from his purpose.
25. Caterpillars turned into butterflies.
26. Children under 12 will not be admitted.
27. He was a famous artist in the twenties.
28. I’ve seen this film twice.
29. I have been away from Paris for two weeks.
30. My uncle is a professor in this university.
31. She sat very still under the tree.
32. I don’t understand what you are saying.
33. If you can’t do it, I will understand.
34. Do you belong to a union?
35. The artist’s work shows the perfect union of craftsmanship and imagination.
36. This textbook has twenty units.
37. I won’t go to the party unless I’m invited.
38. He lived in California until he was twenty.
39. I didn’t wake up until I heard the alarm clock.
40. I got up early this morning.
41. He went up to her to ask her for a dance.
42. Once upon a time, there lived a princess who was very beautiful.
43. He invited us to the party.
44. The company now uses a computer to do all its account.
45. Is this reference book of any use to me?
46. This reference book is very useful to our study.
47. We will meet at the usual time.
48. We usually meet at six o’clock in the afternoon.
49. He has a large farm in the Mississippi Valley.
50. This painting is very valuable.
51. This book will be of great value to him in his study.
52. We’ve grown many vegetables in our garden.
53. Thank you very much.
54. This is a very exciting book.
55. His view of life is different from yours.
56. He lived in a picturesque village.
57. Visiting time in this hospital is from 4 to 6.
58. He makes several business visits to American every year.
59. We could hear the children’s voices in the garden.
60. In our family both my husband and I are wage earners.
61. She wears a ribbon belt round her waist.
62. How long have you been waiting?
63. I don’t like this long wait.
64. I usually wake up early.
65. He was walking up and down the station platform.
66. The castle walls are very thick.
67. The boy was wandering around.
68. He is wanted by the police.
69. He wants me to go with him.
70. We have had two world wars in this century.
71. He was pleased with their warm welcome.
72. The weather has warmed up.
73. He warned me against going there at night.
74. I warned them that there might be snakes in the woods.
75. I must wash my hands before dinner.
76. All his efforts were wasted.
77. It’s only a waste of time to speak to her.
78. The soldiers were keeping close watch over the enemies.
79. We sat there watching basketball.
80. Water is changed into steam by heat and into ice by cold.
81. She has a natural wave in her hair.
82. We lost the way in the dark.
83. The work must be finished in one way or another.
84. We have seen the film.
85. We are good friends.
86. Your argument is too weak to convince me.
87. This country’s wealth comes from its oil.
88. How did he acquire his wealth?
89. She never wears green.
90. The inscription on the stone had worn away.
91. What is the weather like today?
92. I have an appointment on Wednesday.
93. There are so many weeds in his field!
94. He is very busy this week.