1. Ten to one it will rain tomorrow.
2. He recovered soon under his wife’s tender loving care.
3. This tender should be submitted by June 26th.
4. Are there any exams at the end of this term?
5. Since our contract is near its term we must negotiate a new one.
6. The government didn’t allow reporting the terrible accident.
7. What terrible weather!
8. Tomorrow we’ll have a history test.
9. The new aircraft is undergoing safety tests.
10. She was older than I was.
11. He has no friend other than you.
12. I don’t know how I can possibly thank you enough.
13. That is the man I saw yesterday.
14. I reached the gate that opened onto the lake.
15. Bring it closer so that I may see it better.
16. That pie tastes good.
17. Please close the window.
18. We must protect the earth.
19. Turn to the left and you will find the post.
20. The more he has, the more he wants.
21. Of all her children, Mary is the cleverest.
22. Do you enjoy the theater?
23. They washed their faces.
24. He offered them a new contract.
25. They finished the work by themselves.
26. We lived in the country then.
27. He took his hat and then left.
28. Here and there in the garden little flowers had grown up.
29. There are numerous items to choose from.
30. We have been working hard these days.
31. I have a dog and a cat, but they fight all the time.
32. He put on a thick sweater since it was cold in the morning.
33. Last winter the snow lay thick on the ground.
34. The ice on the pond is too thin for skating.
35. Be calm and take things as they come.
36. He thinks business all day.
37. You can’t think how glad I am to see you.
38. I think you are very brave.
39. He will come to see you on the third of April.
40. I’ll be thirty next year.
41. Please look at this box here.
42. They’ve promised a thorough inquiry into the plane crash.
43. I don’t know him well though I’ve known him for a long time.
44. He said he would come, he didn’t, though.
45. The old man was lost in thought and did not hear us come in.
46. The little boy can count up to a thousand.
47. He is only a child of three.
48. The river flows through the city from east to west.
49. He walked home in the rain and was wet through.
50. He threw the stone in the air.
51. We have meetings every Thursday afternoon.
52. It has been thus and will continue to be so.
53. The tide is falling.
54. Time and tide wait for no man.
55. The girl tied the ends of the thread.
56. She held her baby tight in her arms.
57. This drawer is too tight for me to open it.
58. People do not know the value of health till they lose it.
59. Only time will tell if you are right.
60. That’s a tiny baby.
61. The tires of this car don’t have enough air in them.
62. I’m so tired I could sleep for a whole day.
63. I’m tired of his complaints.
64. This road leads to London.
65. The town came to life after sunrise.
66. He is walking to and fro in the room.
67. English is spoken all over the world today.
68. Today is Thursday.
69. They traveled together.
70. Tomorrow I will be very busy.
71. Never put off till tomorrow what you can do today.
72. English is her mother tongue.
73. The doctor looked at her tongue.
74. Tonight is a very special occasion.
75. They got the work done quickly, and well too.
76. It’s too hot to work.
77. This program gives managers a valuable planning tool.
78. We should brush our teeth at least twice a day.
79. The mountain tops are covered with snow.
80. I live on the top floor.
81. Add this numbers together and give me the total.
82. We have debts totaling 5000 dollars.
83. The branches hung down and touched the water.
84. His sad story touched our hearts.
85. The blind have a keen sense of touch.
86. They keep close touch with me.
87. He was walking towards town when I met him.
88. The bell tower is the emblem of this city.
89. Would you rather live in a town, or in the country?
90. My daughter has many toys.
91. Did the police find any trace of the murderer?
92. The dog followed the fox’s tracks into the woods.
93. China does a lot of trade with many countries.
94. If I don’t go now, I will miss the train.