1. Such behavior is unacceptable in a civilized society.
2. She joined the university art society.
3. It’s very comfortable to step on the soft ground in the spring.
4. She makes her living from the soil.
5. The trade of the soldier is war.
6. The sole survivor of the crash was a little boy.
7. There is some ice in the bush.
8. Some man at the door is asking to see you.
9. She gave some of the meat to the cat.
10. I think I dropped something.
11. He thinks he’s something.
12. He is something like his brother.
13. I hope to see you again sometime next year.
14. He is my sometime boss.
15. Sometimes the patient cried for the pain.
16. We are suffering somewhat from the heat.
17. The cake we made was somewhat of a failure.
18. The price was somewhat higher than I’d expected.
19. His wife born him a son.
20. She is humming a popular song.
21. I’ll be back soon.
22. Let us start as soon as he comes.
23. I had no sooner stood up than he waved me to remain sitting.
24. Life has many joys and sorrows.
25. He was sorry for her and tried to cheer her up.
26. I was sorry to hear that your cat had died.
27. What sort of book do you want?
28. Sort these eggs by size.
29. What good does it do a man if he gains the whole world but loses his soul?
30. They have got home safe and sound.
31. I caught a curious sound in the neighboring room.
32. A humid wind blew from the south.
33. The wind is in the south.
34. He lives in southern China.
35. Our earth moves through space.
36. There is plenty of space here to move about.
37. I was told that Spain is a romantic nation.
38. I’ve been studying Spanish for three months.
39. Can you spare me five minutes?
40. It was a horrible accident—I’ll spare you the details.
41. What do you like doing in your spare time?
42. The patient is too weak to speak.
43. His conduct speaks him honorable.
44. Do you speak English?
45. This is a special case, deserving special treatment.
46. She is a special friend of mine.
47. Take special care tonight because the road is icy.
48. Only human beings are capable of speech.
49. I had to give a speech to the press club.
50. This plane can reach speeds in excess of 1000 kilometers an hour.
51. The police are advising motorists to reduce speed because of the fog.
52. We’d better speed up if we want to get there in time.
53. The Americans spell some words differently from the British.
54. We spent many hours in a pleasant conversation.
55. Come and spend the weekend with us.
56. The priest says that the human spirit never dies.
57. He is in low spirit.
58. I went shopping in spite of the rain.
59. Their weeding was a splendid affair.
60. We had a splendid holiday.
61. He had spoiled the soup by putting in too much salt.
62. The child was spoilt by his grandfather.
63. Two spoons of sugar, please.
64. His soup spoon dropped onto the ground.
65. Football is my favorite sport.
66. Spain is our favorite holiday spot.
67. We spread butter on bread.
68. A wide stretch of land spread in front of us.
69. The rapid spread of the disease is alarming the medical authorities.
70. Spring is here.
71. The cat made a spring at the mouse.
72. The police had captured a foreign spy.
73. It’s wrong to spy into people’s affairs.
74. The little girl drew a square on the paper.
75. The road turned square to the left.
76. He ran down the stairs.
77. She sat on the bottom stairs.
78. My husband is a stamp collector.
79. The stamp in your library book shows it must be returned tomorrow.
80. The immigration officer stamped my passport.
81. He stood up politely when the lady entered the room.
82. This work will hardly stand close examination.
83. The teacher sets high standard for his pupils.
84. Searching handluggage at airports is now standard procedure.
85. This is one of the standard books on the subject.
86. In his last film he starred as a cowboy.
87. We can see the stars at night.
88. We are just about to start.
89. The society was started in 1980.
90. We must make a new start.
91. His general state of health is fairly satisfactory.
92. Should industry be controlled by the state?
93. State your name and address.
94. Can you tell me the way to the railway station?