1. These plants must be sheltered from direct sunlight.
2. The curtain was suddenly drawn and a bright light shone in.
3. Would you put a good shine on these boots?
4. The ship was due to sail the following morning.
5. The oil company will ship out piping and heavy equipment.
6. My husband has several shirts of different colors.
7. His death was a great shock to us all.
8. The violence and bad language in the program shocked many of the viewers.
9. Anyone touching that wire could get badly shocked.
10. The shoes are a perfect fit.
11. He shot at the bird, but missed it.
12. He had the idea of shooting them against a complete plain white background.
13. He invited us to his country estate for a weekend shoot.
14. The local dress shop is having a sale.
15. I usually go shopping on Sundays.
16. We found many beautiful shells on the shore.
17. He seems much shorter without his shoes on.
18. These goods are in short supply; the price will be high.
19. I heard a shot in his room.
20. He won the golf match by two shots.
21. I knew if I kept at it I should succeed.
22. I don’t think it will happen, but if it should what shall we do?
23. The boy had a parrot on his right shoulder.
24. The children on the sand were shouting with excitement.
25. His news was greeted with shouts of joy.
26. Let me show you the garden.
27. One evening the school showed a cowboy film.
28. Diana is modeling for a fashion show.
29. Dates showered down when we shook the tree.
30. Scattered showers are expected this afternoon.
31. She is taking a shower.
32. He shut his eyes to her faults.
33. He shut himself away for a month to catch up on his academic work.
34. Your uncle is very sick.
35. A square has four sides but a circle has no sides.
36. I will be at your side, as I promised you.
37. The thief slipped away down a side street.
38. He sighed with despair.
39. She looked out of the window, sighing for her lost youth.
40. We all heaved a sigh of relief when we heard that they were safe.
41. We laughed at the sight of his strange clothes.
42. The train is still in sight.
43. Dark clouds are a sign of rain or snow.
44. She signed her name to the document.
45. The football team has signed two new players.
46. There was nothing but silence in the room.
47. His forceful arguments reduced his opponents to silence.
48. The old house was quite silent.
49. If you are arrested you have the right to remain silent.
50. She is wearing a silk scarf.
51. She was born with a silver spoon in her mouth.
52. The years have silvered her hair.
53. I like my clothes to be simple but elegant.
54. Since you can’t answer the question, perhaps we’d better ask someone else.
55. We’ve been friends ever since we met at school.
56. Birds sing loudest in the early morning.
57. She was singing a lullaby to her child.
58. The letter was written on a single sheet of paper.
59. Thank you, sir.
60. Joan and Lily are sisters.
61. He sat at his desk working.
62. The farm sits on the side of the hill.
63. The child will be six.
64. My new house is on the sixth floor.
65. The company doubled its size in nine years.
66. A man’s shirt is sized by its neck.
67. He had brown skin.
68. How many skirts do you have?
69. The sky turned dark as the storm came near.
70. He treats his wife like a slave.
71. He is a slave to drink.
72. I haven’t had enough sleep lately.
73. I didn’t sleep well last night.
74. I haven’t the slightest idea what you are talking about.
75. The soap slipped out of my hand.
76. You are not going to let a wonderful chance like that slip through your fingers, are you?
77. My watch is five minutes slow.
78. This student is slow in learning English.
79. This coat is too small for me.
80. These dogs have a marvelous sense of smell.
81. I could smell that the milk was not fresh.
82. She smiled at me.
83. Her smile makes her even more beautiful.
84. The smoke of the burning house could be seen many blocks away.
85. Peter smokes several cigars everyday.
86. Her skin is as smooth as silk.
87. She smoothed out wrinkles out of the tablecloth.
88. She smoothed suntan lotion over her arms.
89. He watched his woods filled up with snow.
90. It was snowing heavily.
91. He is so honest that he will not accept bribe.
92. You have pride and so have I.
93. It was snowing, and so I could not go out.
94. Society has a right to expect people to obey the law.