1. The crops need rain.
2. She raised her finger to her lips as a sign for silence.
3. His long absence raised fears about his safety.
4. Our conversation ranged over many topics.
5. Several cars are available within this price range.
6. He is above me in rank.
7. This tennis player ranked third in the world.
8. He made rapid progress in his studies.
9. It’s very rare for him to be so late.
10. He’s devoted his whole life to the protection of the rare animals.
11. They drove at a steady rate.
12. What’s the going rate of computer programmers?
13. These shoes are rather too big.
14. I would rather stay at home.
15. Her visit brought a ray of sunshine into the children’s lives.
16. The garden reaches down to the lake.
17. They reached London on Friday.
18. Can you reach the book on the top of the cupboard?
19. That’s beyond the reach of my imagination.
20. I can read French but I can’t speak it.
21. The teacher read the poem to the class.
22. The letter is ready for the post.
23. She is always ready to help others.
24. What was the real reason for your absence?
25. Did she really say so?
26. He’s quite a nice boy, really.
27. It’s really cold today.
28. We have reason to believe that he was murdered.
29. She can reason very clearly.
30. His speech was favorably received.
31. The boat received a heavy load.
32. I’ve only recently started learning French.
33. I haven’t seen him recently.
34. He has a long criminal record.
35. She holds the world record for long distance swimming.
36. I recorded the score in a notebook.
37. The police recovered the stolen jewellery.
38. He is very ill and unlikely to recover.
39. I received a bunch of red roses on my birthday.
40. He asked me to marry him but I refused.
41. We were refused permission to enter.
42. I refuse to answer that question.
43. I hold her in high regard.
44. You have no regard of my feelings!
45. She is generally regarded as one of the best writers in the country.
46. Her motherland is in the tropical region.
47. I guess there are much less people in the Arctic regions than here.
48. His pulse is not very regular.
49. I am a regular reader of this newspaper.
50. A cube is a regular solid.
51. He has very regular features.
52. When the others had gone, Mary remained and put back the furniture.
53. He remained poor all his life.
54. I remember seeing him once.
55. Please remember me to your family.
56. He removed the mud from his shoes.
57. They let the house to me at a rent of 100 dollars a month.
58. I rent a room from her.
59. She rents out rooms to students.
60. I’ll have my watch repaired; it doesn’t work.
61. How can I repair the wrong I have done her?
62. I’m afraid this old radio is beyond repair.
63. He repeated several times that he was busy.
64. I had no reply to my letter.
65. He gave me no chance to reply to his question.
66. The press in China widely reported the event.
67. You should have reported them to the police.
68. He is reading a report of the state of the roads.
69. The floor requires washing.
70. All passengers are required to show their tickets.
71. He commands the respect of all who know him well.
72. If they had any respect for human life they wouldn’t do such terrible things.
73. I deeply respect her courage.
74. I always rest for an hour after dinner.
75. Let the argument rest there, because we shall never agree.
76. Sunday is my rest day.
77. This wall will do as a rest for your camera.
78. We’ll eat some of the bread and keep the rest for breakfast.
79. These problems are the result of years of bad management.
80. The accident resulted in the death of two passengers.
81. My father retired at the age of 60.
82. Don’t forget to return my keys.
83. What time does your husband return from work?
84. We look forward to the return of spring.
85. The airport authorities have promised to review their security measurements.
86. The play was very well reviewed.
87. All prices are subject to review.
88. The country is rich in oil and coal.
89. He is a rich man.
90. Can you ride a bicycle?
91. Could you give me a ride to the station?
92. Do it right now!
93. Are we going in the right direction?
94. I have the right to ask for an explanation.