1. I passed the store on my way to the library.
2. Please pass me the pepper.
3. Please show me your monthly bus pass.
4. We drove past the house.
5. His pain is past now.
6. Our country has a glorious past.
7. They walked past without stopping,
8. Their daily trips through the jungle have made a path in the thick undergrowth.
9. I think I am quite a patient person.
10. The patient finally died from cancer.
11. This cloth has a pattern of blue and white squares.
12. The manager wouldn’t pay him his wages.
13. He gets his pay each Friday.
14. Please let me do my work in peace.
15. She wears a pearl necklace today.
16. He lives by his pen.
17. May I borrow your pen?
18. My pencil is blunt, could you lend me a knife to sharpen it?
19. I noted down his telephone number with a pencil near the telephone.
20. I only have a few pennies with me.
21. Were there many people at the meeting?
22. These apples cost five yuan per kilogram.
23. The weather during our holiday was perfect.
24. The magician performed some astonishing tricks.
25. Their football team performed very well in the match yesterday.
26. Perhaps I am wrong, but I think she is near forty.
27. We have three periods of chemistry a week.
28. Which period of history are you studying?
29. I’ll come after the meeting if time permits.
30. You are not permitted to smoke here.
31. You can’t work here without a work permit.
32. You are just the person I want to see.
33. He picked the watch up from the carpet.
34. He picked her a rose.
35. May I take a picture of you?
36. This book gives a good picture of life in China 100 hundred years ago.
37. Would you like some more apple pies?
38. Would you please give me a piece of paper?
39. The farmer keeps hundreds of pigs on his farm.
40. He made a real pig of himself at the restaurant.
41. The little boy is piling up his building blocks.
42. The cart is piled high with fruit and vegetables.
43. We put the books in piles on the floor.
44. There is a pine forest near our house.
45. Pink is her favorite color.
46. I like pink roses.
47. The workers are laying pipes under the road.
48. He filled and lit his pipe.
49. It’s a pity that you can’t come to the party.
50. I pity anyone who has to feed a family on such a low income.
51. We must find a place for this new picture.
52. She’s left her books all over the place.
53. You place me in a very difficult position.
54. Such trees can be found in the plains.
55. It’s plain that he is the criminal.
56. The police worked out a plan to catch the thief.
57. Where do you plan to spend your holiday?
58. All plants need water and light.
59. April is the time to plant trees.
60. His plate was piled high with rice.
61. The doctor inserted a steel plate into his damaged leg.
62. We’ve been to several plays this month.
63. The boys were playing with balls.
64. They played a joke on me.
65. She seems a pleasant woman.
66. He’s very hard to please.
67. Please come with me.
68. He listened with pleasure to the beautiful music.
69. In years of plenty everyone has plenty to eat.
70. There’s plenty of room for everyone inside.
71. He stood there with his hands in his pockets.
72. He paid for it out of his own pocket.
73. The poet has written many poems for her.
74. I don’t see the point of her last remark.
75. I’m in a hurry, so come to the point.
76. The farm has a pond from which the cattle can drink.
77. He was too poor to buy a new coat.
78. I’ll do everything possible to help you.
79. The names of the members of the team will be posted up today.
80. Has the morning post arrived?
81. Will you help me to wash up all these pots and pans?
82. Would you like more mashed potato?
83. I lost several pounds last month.
84. Can I pour you another cup of tea?
85. The rain is really pouring down.
86. She poured out her worries to the doctor.
87. Sitting out here, you really can feel the power of the sun.
88. We’ve made our plans, and now we must put them into practice.
89. This doctor received high praise from everyone.
90. The teacher praised her for her courage.
91. That old book is my most precious possession.
92. My time is precious; I can only give you a few minutes.
93. I much prefer cats to dogs.
94. He chose Germany, but personally I’d prefer to go to Spain.