1. Soldiers are expected to obey their orders without question.
2. We should obey the law.
3. Various objects were on the table.
4. Some people objected that the new tax law was unfair.
5. The police have been observing his movements.
6. I only wear a tie on special occasions.
7. This creature lives in the depth of the ocean.
8. October first is the National Day of China.
9. It’s very odd that she didn’t reply to our letter.
10. 1, 3, 5, 7, etc., are odd.
11. He does odd jobs for me from time to time.
12. Many of the students came from other countries.
13. He is the best of teachers.
14. I have heard of him.
15. We went to the station to see her off.
16. Please turn the light off before leaving the room.
17. He offered his seat to me.
18. There is little work on offer.
19. On the wall of his office was a large map.
20. His father is a customs officer.
21. How often do you go there?
22. The price of oil has gone up.
23. How old are you?
24. Don’t play old tricks!
25. The book is on the table.
26. They are here on a three-day visit.
27. He went on with his work.
28. The lights were all full on.
29. The war was on then.
30. Once we lived in London.
31. Once you begin, you must continue.
32. Once is enough, never again.
33. He stopped playing the piano at once.
34. If only problems would come one at a time!
35. One should do his best for the cause of world peace.
36. A person has one head and one neck.
37. I saw him only yesterday.
38. The book is likely to be useful, only it’s rather expensive.
39. He speaks not only English but also French.
40. The library is open from 9 to 6.
41. You may open a current account at a bank.
42. When does the new law come into operation?
43. The surgeon is performing a delicate operation.
44. What’s your opinion of the motion?
45. Public opinion is against him.
46. I will go to see the film if I get the opportunity.
47. I’d like to take this opportunity to thank everyone for their hard work on the project.
48. I don’t care whether I get it or not.
49. There are some oranges on the table.
50. The items are listed in order of importance.
51. The boss ordered that the work should be done on time.
52. They are said to have ordered more grain from Canada.
53. She is more clever than the other girls in her class.
54. You ought to be more careful, you know.
55. This could change our life.
56. That’s not our business.
57. He took out a book from the case.
58. His book came out last month.
59. The fire has gone out.
60. He has a rough outside, but a good heart.
61. The house was painted green outside.
62. You’d better think it over carefully.
63. He pushed me and I fell over.
64. The meeting is over.
65. The lamp hung over the table.
66. We must go over the mountain.
67. Who owns this house?
68. He owns he was wrong.
69. Your life is your own affair.
70. I am the owner of this house.
71. We leave tomorrow but I haven’t begun to pack yet!
72. There is a page missing in this book.
73. He has a pain in the knee.
74. He spares no pains to study English.
75. Who painted this picture?
76. The wall requires a new coat of paint.
77. This pair of trousers is too tight for me.
78. Have you been to the Imperial Palace?
79. The Palace won’t like all this gossip.
80. You are looking rather pale, are you ill?
81. She paled at the sight of the blood.
82. I am cooking apple pies with my newly bought frying pan.
83. The teacher is reading Tom’s English paper.
84. If I have offended you, I ask your pardon.
85. I beg your pardon.
86. Being a parent can be hard work.
87. My parents have gone to Hangzhou for holiday.
88. I often take my children to play in the park.
89. You are not allowed to park here.
90. This piece of glass seems to be part of a lamp.
91. I hope we can part as friends.
92. He was admitted to the Party last year.
93. When does the birthday party take place?
94. Where did you pass the vacation?