1. In winter the lake is covered with ice.
2. It’s my idea to hold the party outside the house.
3. You have no idea how worried I was.
4. He has some pretty strange political ideas.
5. If weather permit, we will go to the park tomorrow.
6. Did you really feel ill this morning?
7. You can imagine how surprised I was.
8. I imagined she was quite surprised when she heard the truth.
9. I came here immediately after having my supper.
10. It’s impossible for us to finish the work in one day.
11. I want to improve my English.
12. Wine improves with age.
13. I hope the weather will improve before Friday.
14. The telephone was in the little study on the ground floor.
15. They are in research.
16. Is he in?
17. Those hats are in.
18. I’m afraid we’re in for a storm.
19. Is service included in the bill?
20. Please include me in the list.
21. They have increased the price of petrol again.
22. There was a steady increase in population.
23. He is a great man indeed.
24. A friend in need is a friend indeed.
25. These Indian guest are familiar with this book.
26. Some Indians are friendly to us.
27. The tourist trade has become a real industry.
28. Success comes with industry.
29. He is a man of some influence in the government circles.
30. Listening to the music has a calming influence on her.
31. Don’t let me influence your decision.
32. I wasn’t informed of the decision until too late.
33. Could you please inform me how to go about contacting a lawyer?
34. You can find a toy inside the box.
35. This lock can only be opened from the inside.
36. We have to play inside because it is raining.
37. I’ll be back in an instant.
38. I took an instant dislike to him.
39. I don’t like to drink instant coffee.
40. I gave him advice instead of money.
41. I intended to catch the early train, but I didn’t get up in time.
42. That remark was intended as a joke.
43. Politics has always interested me.
44. His two great interests in life are music and painting.
45. They broke into his store.
46. She developed into a beautiful woman.
47. We invited all our relatives to the wedding.
48. Questions are invited after the meeting.
49. You are just inviting trouble if you do that.
50. This basin is made of iron.
51. Your shirt is already ironed.
52. There is a rosebush near the fence and it is very beautiful.
53. It’s Friday.
54. The little cat drank its milk and washed its face.
55. The cat is washing itself.
56. The government made itself unpopular.
57. The accident happened on January 8th.
58. He joined us in the discussion yesterday.
59. He is going to make a long journey.
60. I saw the joy in her smiling face.
61. Imagine the joyful scene when they were reunited with their lost daughter.
62. He is an impartial judge.
63. You can’t judge a book by its cover.
64. We judge that he is the best candidate.
65. Her decision seems to show a lack of political judgement.
66. He passed judgement on the guilty man.
67. July is the hottest month in a year in my hometown.
68. He jumped to his feet and ran out of the office.
69. The horse jumped the fence.
70. The horse cleared all the jumps.
71. He started work here last June.
72. That’s just what I think.
73. The stone just missed the boy.
74. You have received a just reward.
75. I won’t dispute the justice of his remarks.
76. The police must do all they can to bring criminals to justice.
77. You must keep your promise.
78. I’ll only keep you a few minutes.
79. He put the key in the lock and turned it.
80. Do you know the key to the problem?
81. He is a key witness in this case.
82. That horse kicked me.
83. He kicked a penalty goal in the football match.
84. Our kids are playing football.
85. You must be kidding!
86. His wife was killed in a car accident.
87. My back is killing me.
88. Taking a blind man across the street is a kind act.
89. We often do this kind of exercise.
90. She always spoke kindly to the children.
91. Will you kindly put that book back?
92. I think it would be a kindness to tell him the bad news straight away.
93. The king is the most important person in a kingdom.
94. The queen ruled her kingdom wisely.