1. She glanced round the room before she left.
2. The glasses glanced and twinkled in the firelight.
3. He gave her an admiring glance.
4. I cut my hand on some broken glass.
5. He put down his glass.
6. His brave deeds in the battle earned him everlasting glory.
7. The bright moonlight showed the Taj Mahal in all its glory.
8. There is a glow of health in his face.
9. Where does this road go to?
10. I must be going.
11. How are things going?
12. Can you distinguish goat from sheep?
13. Your future here is golden.
14. This is a good place for a picnic.
15. Smoking is not good for your health.
16. The country has always had fair government.
17. She wore a black silk evening gown.
18. She performed on the balance beam with much grace.
19. We were graced with the presence of the Queen.
20. He is in the third grade.
21. I got good grades last term.
22. He’s not in the first grade as a musician.
23. I will go to visit my grandmother next week.
24. I grant that your explanation is reasonable.
25. He was granted his freedom on the condition that he leave the country.
26. He cut off a bunch of grapes to entertain us.
27. We play football on the grass.
28. Is there life beyond the grave?
29. The situation poses a grave threat to world peace.
30. His face turned gray as he heard the bad news.
31. He dressed in gray.
32. It was a great loss to us all.
33. What a great idea!
34. He is a great talker.
35. His writing has improved greatly in this semester.
36. The country is very green in spring.
37. Green apples are sour.
38. He greeted her with a loving hug.
39. His speech was greeted by loud cheers.
40. I woke up and was greeted by bird song.
41. The poor woman was buried in grief after her son died.
42. The branch broke and fell to the ground.
43. English belongs to the Germanic group of languages.
44. He showed me a photo of a family group.
45. We can group animals into many types.
46. This district grew cotton on a large scale.
47. In time you’ll grow to like him.
48. There are soldiers on guard at the gate.
49. The dog guarded the house against strangers.
50. I guess her age as 35.
51. Make a guess at the answer.
52. They are coming to the party as my guests.
53. She made a guest appearance on his TV show.
54. These philosophical views serve as a guide in life.
55. He guided the man through the streets to the railway station.
56. It’s illegal to carry guns in our country.
57. My hair has grown very long.
58. Half of them are here.
59. Half the car was damaged.
60. The girl left her homework half done.
61. The lecture is to be delivered at the hall.
62. He hit the nail into the wall with a hammer.
63. The teacher has been trying to hammer in the facts.
64. It was written by hand.
65. This clock has three hands.
66. Please hand me that book.
67. Pick up the typewriter case by the handle.
68. Customers are asked not to handle the goods in the shop.
69. He’s not a very good teacher—he doesn’t know how to handle children.
70. Her husband is a very handsome young man.
71. You may hang your coat on the hook.
72. He hanged himself in sorrow after his wife died.
73. I happened to see her yesterday.
74. The accident happened at six o’clock.
75. His marriage is full of happiness.
76. I wish you a happy birthday.
77. That was not a very happy remark.
78. This harbor is a natural harbor.
79. It’s hard to know what he’s really thinking.
80. That was a hard time.
81. They work very hard.
82. I can hardly wait to hear the news.
83. Hardly had the game begun when it started raining.
84. His failures did his reputation a lot of harm.
85. It wouldn’t do him any harm to work a bit harder.
86. There was a traffic accident in this street, but no one was harmed.
87. We are all very busy because it’s the harvest time.
88. We all helped the harvest.
89. The peasants are harvesting rice in the field.
90. Haste makes waste.
91. She bought a hat yesterday.
92. They hate each other.
93. She hates to be late for work.
94. She looked at him with hate in her eyes.