1. The rider forced his horse on through the storm.
2. The force of the explosion broke all the windows in the building.
3. The car bumped and his forehead hit the glass.
4. He lost his way in the forest.
5. I’m sorry; I’ve forgotten your name.
6. Don’t forget your friends when you become rich.
7. He picked up his knife and fork.
8. A plan began to form in his head.
9. He determined to form a club.
10. In the early morning light we could just see the dark forms of the mountains.
11. Mr. Heath is the former Prime Minister of Britain.
12. Of these alternatives, I prefer the former.
13. He went forth into the desert to pray.
14. The Forth of July is the National Independence Day of the USA.
15. He dreamed of making a fortune.
16. These two brothers decided to go to America to try their fortunes.
17. His hair became gray when he was only forty.
18. The soldiers crept forward under the cover of darkness.
19. He is forward in his English.
20. Please forward my mail to my new address.
21. This business company was founded in 1724.
22. The parks of this city are famous for their ornate fountains.
23. Six minus two equals four.
24. The fox ran away before the hunter shot it.
25. Don’t trust him, he is a sly old fox.
26. Paris is the capital of France.
27. To be very frank, I think you have very little chance of getting the job.
28. The prisoners wish to be free again.
29. These magazines are free.
30. The people there are fighting to gain their freedom from foreign control.
31. I’m old enough to have the freedom to do as I like.
32. Water freezes at the temperature of 0 degrees Celsius.
33. We ate some of the fruits and froze the rest.
34. Do you like French films?
35. This student is good at French.
36. He comes to visit me frequently.
37. Open the window and let in some fresh air.
38. You can buy fresh vegetables in the market.
39. He comes to visit his aged parents after work on every Friday.
40. A friend in need is a friend indeed.
41. He was not very friendly to us.
42. We’ve been having friendly argument on politics.
43. The horse took a fright at the sound of the explosion.
44. He gave me a fright by bursting into a sudden laughter.
45. The little baby was frightened by the fierce dog.
46. He frightened the old man into giving him all the money.
47. The train starts from Beijing.
48. The sky slowly changed from blue to red.
49. Write your name on the front cover of the exercise book.
50. The front of the postcard shows a picture of our hotel.
51. This building fronts the railway station.
52. The grass was covered with frost in the early morning.
53. Frost has killed several of our young plants.
54. The potato is a vegetable, not a fruit.
55. The apple trees are fruiting early this year.
56. The bottle is full of water.
57. They knew full well that he wouldn’t keep his promise.
58. Swimming in the sea is great fun.
59. People make fun of her because she always speaks foolishly.
60. The dog’s fur was matted with blood.
61. She was wearing a silver fox fur across her shoulders.
62. The shop furnishes everything that is needed for camping.
63. They are renting a furnished flat.
64. We will buy some furniture for our new house.
65. I was too tired to walk any further.
66. This house is not large enough for us, and further, it is too far from the town.
67. The society was dedicated to furthering the cause of world peace.
68. We will meet in Beijing in the near future.
69. I wish you a very happy future.
70. The company’s future is uncertain.
71. He has gained rich experience in these years.
72. No pain, no gain.
73. Let’s have a game of cards.
74. He is building a greenhouse in his garden.
75. He’s been gardening all day.
76. The carriage passed through the palace gate.
77. A crowd gathered to see what had happened.
78. I gather she’s ill, and that’s why she hasn’t come.
79. She sat gazing out of the window.
80. She turned her head away, feeling too ashamed to meet his gaze.
81. Please give me a general idea of the work.
82. Napoleon was a great general.
83. My new teacher is a very gentle person.
84. Please bring this gentleman a glass of beer.
85. A German scientist interrupted me and asked if I came from China.
86. I know a little German.
87. I’ll get the book you want.
88. I’ve got a cold.
89. Can we get to the station in time?
90. Shakespeare is a giant among writers.
91. He has a gift for music.
92. He gave a bunch of flowers to his girlfriend.
93. He gives generously to the poor.
94. I’m very glad to meet you.