1. He lost all feeling in his toes.
2. I have a feeling that we are being followed.
3. He was cut off from his fellows.
4. Mary talked with me across the garden fence.
5. Could you run and fetch a doctor for me?
6. Flu is an infectious disease characterized by fever, aches and pains and exhaustion.
7. Football fever gripped the town when the local team reached the cup final.
8. We saw few students there.
9. Few of us have his address.
10. They rode through forests and fields.
11. He has become famous in his own field.
12. Many farmers are working in the fields.
13. She is fifteen.
14. He passed me one fifth of the cake.
15. My mother is fifty years old.
16. He was always fighting with his neighbors about the noise.
17. Mahatma Gandhi was both a political and a religious figure in Indian history.
18. They figured it was better to stay where they were.
19. Please fill the cup with water.
20. Laughter filled the room.
21. The game is now in its final stages.
22. This is our final offer.
23. He is expected to get through to the finals.
24. After several delays, he finally set out at 8 o’clock.
25. It’s not finally settled yet.
26. We have found oil under the North Sea.
27. I think I’m lost; I can’t find the bridge.
28. He is a very fine musician.
29. Please cut up the vegetables very fine.
30. Have you handed in your fine?
31. He was fined 200 dollars.
32. The pen slips out of my fingers.
33. When do you finish your college course?
34. That was a close finish!
35. A cigarette thrown into the woods in dry weather may start a fire.
36. She fired her gun at them.
37. He was fired by his boss.
38. He has established his own firm.
39. The pound stayed firm against dollar in London but fell a little in New York.
40. The government must act to firm prices up.
41. Sunday is the first day of the week.
42. Read the text first and then explain the new words.
43. He was the first to be there.
44. We caught three little fishes.
45. The beach is a good place to fish from.
46. He will just fit the post.
47. This dress doesn’t fit me.
48. He runs 3 miles every morning; that’s why he is so fit.
49. There are five apples on the table.
50. We’ve fixed the date for the wedding.
51. I must get the radio fixed.
52. Flags are fluttering in the breeze.
53. After walking for four hours we were beginning to flag.
54. The evening sky flamed with red and orange.
55. The days seem to flash by.
56. Flashes of lightning illuminated the scene.
57. Flashes are not allowed to be used in this museum.
58. He spread the map flat out on the floor.
59. My request was met with a flat refusal.
60. They divided the house into flats.
61. The spirit is willing but the flesh is weak.
62. She photographed the birds in flight.
63. I’ll book you on a direct flight to London.
64. The old woman fell down a flight of stairs.
65. The town was destroyed by the floods after the storm.
66. Every spring the river floods the valley.
67. Settlers flooded from Europe to America in the
68. Our office is on the first floor.
69. We planned to floor our room with oak.
70. We made some bread with the flour he bought for us.
71. This river flowed southwest to the Atlantic Ocean.
72. The flow of melted snow cascaded down the mountainside and into the river.
73. The garden will look very beautiful when all the plants are in flower.
74. Cherry trees flower in the early spring.
75. The aircraft was flying above thick fog.
76. How time flies!
77. They are just simple country folk.
78. I’d like you to meet my folks.
79. He is a very popular folk singer.
80. The little boy followed his father out.
81. The police are following a murderer who’s in hiding.
82. I didn’t quite follow; could you explain it again?
83. She has many shortcomings, but we’re all very fond of her.
84. My little son is fond of playing practical jokes on me.
85. A fond mother may spoil her child.
86. I prefer vegetarian food.
87. What a fool I was to believe he is a good man.
88. I felt rather foolish when I couldn’t answer the teacher’s question.
89. Jim is going to get material for a new book.
90. Are you for or against?
91. He shook his head, for he thought differently.
92. I forbid you to tell anyone.
93. Smoking is forbidden in this office.
94. Lack of time forbids any further discussion at the point.