1. It was difficult for us to decide which road to take.
2. He found it difficult to stop smoking.
3. The prisoner escaped by digging an underground tunnel.
4. You are just digging your own grave if you go on smoking so heavily.
5. My friend invited me to dine out.
6. I am busy cooking dinner.
7. He directed the building of the new bridge.
8. The general directed that the prisoners should be set free.
9. The investigation was carried out under the direction of a senior police officer.
10. Stones were flying about in every direction.
11. Which direction does your room face?
12. He answered me very directly and openly.
13. They bought the machine directly from the manufacturer.
14. The sun disappeared behind a cloud.
15. Many beautiful fish are fast disappearing because of the severe pollution.
16. My wallet has disappeared from the table.
17. Columbus is said to have discovered America in 1492.
18. She discovered the joy of writing.
19. Many diseases are caused by bacteria.
20. The poor man has a serious disease of the liver.
21. The careless waiter dropped the dish onto the ground.
22. His favorite dish is roast duck.
23. My house is four miles distance from the sea.
24. We can see the mountain from the distance.
25. We can see a windmill in the distance.
26. My company is five miles distant from my home.
27. He is a distant cousin of mine.
28. She passed by with only a distant nod.
29. He lives in a mountainous district.
30. She divided the food into four equal shares.
31. The class is divided in opinion.
32. Six divided by two is three.
33. He does not think so.
34. I don’t know what to do.
35. The firm did badly last year.
36. I do miss you.
37. I love you more than he does.
38. You should see a doctor.
39. He is a Doctor of Philosophy.
40. Love me, love my dog.
41. The farmer has a shepherd dog.
42. Every dog has his day.
43. He is a lucky dog.
44. Can you lend me five dollars?
45. Open the door, please.
46. Who lives next door?
47. This agreement opens the door to advances in every field.
48. The train arrived on the dot of three o’clock.
49. The lake was dotted with little boats.
50. The egg has a double yolk.
51. A couch performs a double service.
52. I doubt the truth of it.
53. There is no doubt that we will be successful.
54. He was troubled by religious doubt.
55. It gets cold quickly when the sun goes down.
56. Please sit down.
57. The tears ran down her cheeks.
58. He is walking down the seaside.
59. My mother bought a dozen eggs.
60. This country is being drained of its best talents.
61. She used to draw funny pictures of everybody during lessons.
62. The play is drawing big crowds.
63. That film was a great draw.
64. The Jews lived in dread of being caught.
65. We are waiting for God’s dreadful judgement.
66. I never dreamed that I should see you again.
67. Their new house is a real dream.
68. He thinks she is in love with him, but it’s only a dream.
69. She always dresses in black.
70. She wears a beautiful evening dress.
71. The dentist’s drill made a lot of noise.
72. You should finish your English grammar drills in the class.
73. The workman is drilling in the wall.
74. He doesn’t smoke or drink.
75. We must drink to the health of the bride.
76. Please give me a drink of water.
77. Don’t drink and drive.
78. How can I drive away these feelings of sadness?
79. The fruit dropped down from the tree.
80. Drop in and see us when you’re next in London.
81. He likes to eat chocolate drops.
82. The little girl drowned in the river.
83. The band drowned our conversation.
84. The beats of the drum were steady and slow.
85. He drummed on the table with his fingers.
86. She drummed it into the children that they must not cross the road alone.
87. The wet clothes will soon dry in the sun.
88. The soil is too dry for planting.
89. The well had gone dry.
90. The book is as dry as dust.
91. There are many ducks swimming in the lake.
92. Her baby is due next week.
93. His success is entirely due to hard work.
94. He swims every day during the summer.