1. My house is very central.
2. The doctors shall operate on his central nervous system.
3. This book was written centuries ago.
4. Many centuries have passed since that time.
5. We are living in the 21st century.
6. It’s certain that every effect must have a cause.
7. I can’t say for certain when he will arrive.
8. She wore a silver chain around her neck.
9. I bought this loaf of bread in the chain store opposite the street.
10. He chained his bicycle to the post.
11. He is chained to his work.
12. I never miss a chance of playing football.
13. We may lose a lot of support, but that’s a chance we’ll have to take.
14. A chance meeting brought the two old friends together again.
15. In autumn the leaves change from green to brown.
16. If we are to avoid defeat we need a change of leadership.
17. How much have you got in change?
18. He is firm in character.
19. The statements were of political character.
20. I wish this book was written in bigger character.
21. It is out of character to do that.
22. Her charm of manner made her very popular.
23. Her graciousness charmed everyone at the party.
24. The witch charmed the prince.
25. Her shoes look cheap.
26. I hate this kind of cheap emotion.
27. The plumber made a careful check of the pipes.
28. He wrote his mother a check.
29. I’m just going to check in these books at the library.
30. She kissed him on both cheeks.
31. He cheered up at the thought of seeing her again.
32. They cheered loudly for their football team.
33. He’s always full of cheer in summer.
34. She remained cheerful throughout the trip.
35. He went to the cherry orchard to see flowers.
36. The doctor gave him an examination to see if he had chest trouble.
37. He has a chicken farm.
38. There was fried chicken for dinner.
39. The chief of the police department demanded severe punishments for criminals.
40. What is the chief town in Norway?
41. My wife lost her first child a month before it should have been born.
42. Moses led the children of Israel out of the Egypt.
43. This set of ancient china is invaluable.
44. China is an oriental country with a long history.
45. We each had to make a choice.
46. She can exercise little choice.
47. There is no choice between the two.
48. Have you chosen a coat yet?
49. He chose not to go home until later.
50. Merry Christmas!
51. I’m just going to the church to see the priest.
52. He has a large circle of friends.
53. The plane circled the airport before landing.
54. He is an eminent citizen of China.
55. Beijing is a large city.
56. You must keep your clothes clean.
57. Please clean the window as I can hardly see out.
58. We go to climb mountains every Sunday.
59. The value of imports has climbed sharply in the last year.
60. I have some climbing plants in the garden.
61. There must be something wrong with my clock.
62. If you close your eyes, you can’t see anything.
63. He closed his speech with a funny joke.
64. He soon brought the meeting to a close.
65. The church is close to the school.
66. I need a lot of cloth if I want to make a new dress.
67. Old people need warm clothes in winter.
68. When there are black clouds you can tell it’s going to rain.
69. The sad news of her father’s death was the only cloud on an otherwise happy year.
70. He is an active member of the school’s stamp club.
71. The football coach was criticized by the local paper.
72. A coal fell from the fire and burned the mat.
73. Ships coal at Gibraltar.
74. Fishing boats were anchored all along the coast.
75. The disabled ship coasted the island, looking for a harbor.
76. Jane bought a fur coat yesterday.
77. The table was coated in dust.
78. The cock crowed at dawn.
79. He cocked his eye at me.
80. Would you like a cup of coffee?
81. Let’s flip a coin to decide who should go first – do you want heads or tails?
82. It’s cold today, you should put a coat on.
83. He caught a cold.
84. When he asked her to marry him, she refused him cold.
85. This department collects information on political extremists.
86. We are collecting money for the famine victim.
87. He is at law college.
88. She is a member of the Royal College of Nursing.
89. This country used to be a British colony in Asia.
90. What color did you paint the door?
91. She loved the life, noise, and color of the market.
92. The leaves have started to color; it will soon be winter.
93. The train slowly came to the station.
94. Your family should always come before your job.