1. He speaks British English.
2. She has a broad knowledge of computers.
3. This room is as broad as it is long.
4. He is broad-minded.
5. His broken English showed he was a foreigner.
6. We crossed that brook easily.
7. John and Peter are brothers.
8. His brows went up in surprise.
9. She likes to wear brown.
10. I’ll give my coat a good brush.
11. The light wind gently brushed her cheek.
12. I must brush up my English before I go to London.
13. The new buds appear in the spring.
14. The roses are in bud.
15. That house is built of bricks.
16. Houses and churches are buildings.
17. Paper burns easily.
18. She is burning to tell you the news.
19. There was a burst of laughter in the next room.
20. The police burst through the door.
21. I felt as if my heart would burst with joy.
22. The square is bursting with tourists.
23. Both his grandparents were buried here.
24. He was sitting with his head buried in a book.
25. There is a rose bush in front of the office.
26. They’ve done some business together.
27. I don’t understand this business.
28. He is busy with some important work.
29. I’m sorry, sir, the telephone line is busy.
30. To forget his trouble, he busied himself in his garden . 为了把烦恼忘却，他让自己忙于花园的工作。
31. I came home sadder but wiser.
32. There is no one here but me.
33. He’s still but a child.
34. Do as I tell you, no but about it.
35. He spread butter on his bread.
36. One of the buttons has come off my coat.
37. You may push this button to call the elevator.
38. Money can’t buy happiness.
39. They bought peace with their freedom.
40. The house by the lake is a restaurant.
41. He sent me a package by post.
42. You must be back by four o’clock.
43. He hurried by and disappeared in the wood.
44. The newly published American novel sold like hot cakes.
45. Jack’s shoes were caked with mud in a country road after a shower.
46. Please call me at six tomorrow morning.
47. I’ll call you back.
48. His behavior called forth sharp criticism.
49. Tomorrow I’ll pay a call on him.
50. It was a beautiful morning, calm and serene.
51. You should keep calm even in face of danger.
52. We made camp under the shade of trees.
53. You and I belong to different political camps.
54. The boys have decided to go camping next week.
55. Can you cook?
56. Could you come and see me tomorrow?
57. There is only one can of meat left.
58. The fish is canned in the factory.
59. The baby was given a piece of candy.
60. He bought some candies for me.
61. Who is the boy in the official school cap?
62. Write your initials in capitals.
63. Beijing is the capital of China.
64. The criminal was sentenced to capital punishment.
65. A captain commands a company or battery.
66. He lost his credit card.
67. I have received eleven Christmas cards by now.
68. They play cards every Friday.
69. This patient requires intensive care.
70. I don’t care about the price, so long as the car is in good condition.
71. He doesn’t care for fish.
72. He is careful in his speech.
73. He is extremely careful about his appearance.
74. She thought she was hurt but it wasn’t the case.
75. I can’t bear young people casting away their youth.
76. She cast her eyes down to avoid direct eye contact.
77. The prince lived in a large and beautiful castle.
78. A cat mews.
79. We’re just in time to catch the train.
80. It’s noisy and I can’t catch a word.
81. That’s a nice catch.
82. The cattle are grazing.
83. Those poor soldiers died like cattle, without a struggle.
84. Don’t complain without good cause.
85. What caused his illness?
86. The cliffs are riddled with caves.
87. They celebrated his success by opening a bottle of wine.
88. His victory was celebrated with music and dancing.
89. He read us a sonnet that celebrates love.
90. I don’t have a cent with me.
91. He moved the table over to the center of the room.
92. Beijing is the political and financial center of China.
93. The topic centers on the crisis in these two countries.
94. Such values are central to our way of life.