1. Have you been to America?
2. Bill Gates is an American citizen.
3. He spoke with an American accent.
4. I live among the mountains.
5. New York is among the largest cities in the world.
6. My savings amount to $2000.
7. A large amount of money is spent on advertisements every year.
8. We will all have a course in ancient history this term.
9. My father and mother went for a walk.
10. Work hard and you will be successful.
11. My little daughter is as lovely as an angel.
12. He could hardly contain his anger.
13. I was angry with him for keeping me waiting.
14. His rudeness made me really angry.
15. A pig is a domestic animal.
16. The camel is a herbivorous animal.
17. Will you have another cup of tea?
18. This boy is very smart; he may be another Edison.
19. That’s quite another matter.
20. He has had no answer to his letter.
21. Do you know the answer to this question?
22. He answered that he knew nothing about it.
23. I was anxious about the children when they didn’t come back home from school.
24. We are really anxious for peace.
25. Have you any book to read?
26. Any is better than none.
27. I can’t stay any longer.
28. Is there anything for me?
29. The two villages are three miles apart.
30. He took the watch apart to repair it.
31. I can’t tell the twins apart.
32. A truck appeared over the hill.
33. The journal makes its appearance once two months.
34. We should not judge a person by his appearance.
35. An apple is a kind of fruit.
36. This rule cannot be applied to every case.
37. In this way they can better apply theory to practice.
38. You can join the class if you parents approve.
39. The city council approved the building plan.
40. The equipment must be bought from a supplier approved by the company.
41. He moved into this house in April.
42. His left arm was hurt in an accident.
43. Justice has long arms.
44. They were not allowed to use arms.
45. The new battleship shall be armed with 16-inch guns.
46. He joined the army a year ago.
47. The increasing army of the unemployed has attracted the attention of the economist.
48. He looked around but could see nobody.
49. He turned around as he heard a noise behind him.
50. I will visit you around Christmas.
51. My sister is around your age.
52. I arranged the flowers in the vase as soon as I came back home.
53. I have arranged with him to meet at the restaurant.
54. I have arranged that one of my staff will meet you at the airport.
55. We arrived home late.
56. Finally, they arrived at an agreement.
57. He shot arrows one by one, but each missed.
58. He had devoted his whole life to the study of contemporary art.
59. Are you a Bachelor of Arts?
60. Have you read the article on information revolution?
61. Jim runs fast, but I run just as fast.
62. He can run as fast as I can.
63. It is just as you like.
64. The kitten uses that box as its bed.
65. He was ashamed that he had lied.
66. The poor boy was ashamed of his ragged cloths.
67. China is a developing country in Asia.
68. How many Asian countries have taken part in the sport meeting?
69. That Asian stopped me and asked if I was Chinese.
70. May I ask a question?
71. I have asked some friends for tea.
72. Her husband was sound asleep.
73. I can assure you that your son will be happy here.
74. We book early to assure ourselves of seats.
75. I met him at the bus stop.
76. Please don’t laugh at him.
77. The airplane flies at 900 kilometers an hour.
78. It took them several days to cross the Atlantic Ocean.
79. The enemy attacked us at night.
80. It is reported that this disease attacks the central nervous system.
81. The police are launching a major attack on drug dealers.
82. He didn’t pass the exam, but it was a good attempt.
83. I shall be attending the meeting.
84. Danger attended everything he did.
85. You must pay attention to your teacher in the class.
86. She soon becomes the centre of attention.
87. He waved his hand to catch my attention.
88. His summer vacation will end in the late August.
89. I often go to visit my aunt at weekends.
90. The government is the highest authority in the country.
91. I think autumn is the most beautiful season in a year.
92. She tried to avoid answering my questions.
93. The boy avoided punishment by running away.
94. To avoid the city center, turn right here.