1. As I had plenty of money I was able to help her.
2. He is an able man.
3. I dropped my key somewhere about here.
4. Tell me all about it.
5. He was about to start.
6. It is about six o’clock now.
7. The children are rushing about.
8. My bedroom is just above.
9. The sun rose above the horizon.
10. This book is above me.
11. His conduct has always been above suspicion.
12. The police are not allowed to accept rewards.
13. They accepted responsibility for the accident.
14. It is generally accepted that smoking is harmful to our health.
15. According to our records, the books you have borrowed should now be returned to the library.
16. According to these figures, our company is doing well.
17. I have an account with Midland Bank.
18. His illness accounts for his absence.
19. A man is accounted innocent until he is proven guilty.
20. We own 100 acres of farmland.
21. Can you swim across the river?
22. The two lines cut across each other.
23. Parliament has passed an Act forbidding the killing of rare animals.
24. Think well before you act.
25. Actions speak louder than words.
26. The action lasted three hours.
27. He added some wood to increase the fire.
28. If you add 4 to 5, you get 9.
29. The little girl is not very clever at addition.
30. In addition to giving a general introduction to computer, the course also provides practical experience.
31. There is a letter addressed to you.
32. He addressed the audience in an eloquent speech.
33. You may not like him, but you have got to admire his persistence.
34. I must admit, it’s more difficult than I thought it would be.
35. He was admitted to the hospital suffering from burns.
36. The date of the meeting has been advanced from Friday to Monday.
37. There have been great advances in medicine in the last ten years.
38. It is a popular show, so advance booking is essential.
39. Earthenware has an advantage over wood in being more easily kept clean.
40. Her rich experience gave her an advantage over other applicants for the job.
41. I asked the teacher for her advice.
42. If you take my advice, you won’t tell anyone about this.
43. He gave me some good advice.
44. The minister is busy with important affairs of state.
45. Mind your own affairs!
46. She was afraid that the dog would bite.
47. Africa is a mysterious land to him.
48. We shall arrive soon after.
49. Mr. Smith left for London after breakfast.
50. I found your coat after you had left the house.
51. He grew weak in after years.
52. Good afternoon!
53. Please say that again.
54. We sailed against the wind.
55. There are 26 votes for him and 8 against him.
56. We have saved some money against our old age.
57. What is your age?
58. The period in which man learnt to make tools of iron is called the Iron Age.
59. I haven’t seen you for ages.
60. Anxiety ages us.
61. He came here two years ago.
62. I thought it was a reasonable proposal, but he didn’t agree.
63. We agreed to leave at once.
64. The witnesses’ statements just don’t agree with each other.
65. A dictionary is an invaluable aid in learning a new language.
66. We were greatly aided in our investigation by the cooperation of the police.
67. What is your aim in life?
68. I aimed at the target but hit the wall.
69. He aims to be a successful writer.
70. The fresh air in the morning made him feel glad.
71. I shall travel to New York by air this weekend.
72. There was an air of excitement at the meeting.
73. The news of the radiation leak caused widespread public alarm.
74. I gave the alarm as soon as I saw the smoke.
75. The two brothers are very much alike.
76. We are much alike in character.
77. The city was all alive when he arrived.
78. Are your grandparents still alive?
79. He spent all his time reading.
80. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.
81. I’ve known that all along.
82. All enjoyed themselves.
83. You are not allowed to smoke here.
84. She said almost nothing.
85. I was alone in the classroom.
86. You can’t live on bread alone.
87. We walked along the road.
88. We bicycled along, singing loudly.
89. You had already gone when I arrived there.
90. I’ve been there already and don’t want to go again.
91. Tom has been to Japan, I have also been there.
92. Although my uncle is old, he looks very strong and healthy.
93. I’m always at home in the evenings.
94. We should always help each other.