1. He gave her a tender kiss.
2. He kissed his wife and children good-bye.
3. The wind kissed her hair.
4. I was cooking in the kitchen when the telephone rang.
5. His left knee was hurt in a traffic accident.
6. I picked up the knife and threw it out of the window.
7. The knights rushed into the palace to protect their king.
8. Someone is knocking at the door.
9. He knocked a big hole in the wall.
10. Did you hear the knocks at the door?
11. I know what happened.
12. He has known both grief and happiness.
13. I've known Tom for years.
14. She has a detailed knowledge of this period.
15. They did it without my knowledge.
16. My knowledge of Japanese is rather poor.
17. It takes a lot of labor to build a railway.
18. You needn't labor a point that is perfectly plain.
19. She wears a dress with delicate lace.
20. If you don't lace up your shoes, you'll trip over.
21. He is good at his job but he seems to lack confidence.
22. The plant died for lack of water.
23. She behaved like a lady.
24. The river fed into a lake.
25. She is gentle like a lamb.
26. The sheep are lambing this week.
27. A miner's lamp is fixed onto his helmet.
28. We are glad to be on land again.
29. The pilot landed the plane safely.
30. Chinese is my native language.
31. What languages can you speak?
32. Shanghai is a large city.
33. He was the last to arrive.
34. He has lived here for the last few years.
35. Which line comes last in this poem?
36. The hot weather lasted until September.
37. The train was 10 minutes late.
38. We went to bed late.
39. Of these two men, the former is dead but the latter is still alive.
40. Don't laugh at him.
41. Weeping willows laugh in the breeze.
42. He told me the news with a laugh.
43. The law forbids stealing.
44. Let's have tea on the lawn.
45. You may lay it on the table.
46. He knows the lay of the land here.
47. She is getting lazy.
48. He is a very lazy person, sleeping all day.
49. What led you to believe I was ill?
50. The guide led us to the river.
51. He was elected the leader of the union.
52. Which football team is the leader in the football championship?
53. Our club is a member of the Football League.
54. The police suspected that the bank clerk was in league with the rubbers.
55. The trees leant in the wind.
56. He leant on the back of the sofa.
57. The little girl only eats lean pork.
58. The thief leaped the wall and ran away.
59. His name leapt out at me from the newspaper.
60. I'm trying to learn English.
61. I learned this news from the newspaper.
62. The least noise would startle the timid child.
63. Mr. Brown talks least.
64. I have a pair of leather mittens.
65. We must leave early.
66. You've left your food.
67. His left arm was broken.
68. Eyes left!
69. This chair has only three legs.
70. The room is 15 feet in length and 10 feet in breadth.
71. He is less tall than she is.
72. Work more and dream less, you will be much happier.
73. I missed a lesson yesterday.
74. His car accident has been a lesson to him to stop driving too fast.
75. She lets her children play in the garden.
76. He let a week go by before answering the letter.
77. Have you answered her letter?
78. This word has five letters.
79. The top of this mountain is three kilometers above the sea level.
80. We must increase production levels.
81. A football field should be level.
82. The bombing raid practically leveled the town.
83. Those prisoners are dreaming of liberty.
84. I am afraid that I am not at liberty to discuss this matter.
85. I like to study in the library.
86. He lay on a sofa, reading a book.
87. The village lies across the river.
88. Many women lie about their age.
89. Lies have short legs.
90. There is no life on the moon.
91. You'll never see life if you stay at home forever.
92. I can't read while you are standing in my light.
93. It's beginning to get light.
94. The girl has a light hand for knitting.