1. We lit the candle and the candle lit the room.
2. Her face lit up when she saw he was coming.
3. He is like a son to me.
4. Do you feel like a walk?
5. We like our work to be justly evaluated.
6. I don't like to waste your time.
7. The workers saw off a limb from the tree.
8. I'll help as much as I can, but there is a limit to what I can do.
9. Her ambition knows no limit.
10. We must limit our spending.
11. The battalion commander lined his men along the railway.
12. Line the drawer with paper, please.
13. Hang the clothes on the line.
14. Their research proceeded along sound lines.
15. The soldier is as brave as a lion.
16. He kissed her on the lips.
17. He wrote down his name on the list.
18. He listed all the things he had to do.
19. I listened to their conversation.
20. She is listening to the radio.
21. She is too little to ride a bicycle.
22. Little does he care whether we live or die.
23. People cannot live without air.
24. The cat is playing with a live mouse.
25. It wasn't a recorded show, it was live,
26. Have you finished loading up?
27. Her grief is a heavy load to bear.
28. After the burglary I had all the locks changed.
29. She locked her jewels in the safe.
30. My brother is chopping logs for the fire.
31. The captain described the accident in the ship's log.
32. Do you know how to log in to the system?
33. She was slender and had long dark hair.
34. I haven't known her long.
35. She longed to be back in China.
36. He looked at the baby with a smile.
37. They looked forward very much to seeing him again.
38. He looks nervous.
39. The window looks upon the street.
40. The fox broke loose and ran away.
41. The wine loosed his tongue.
42. He lost his life in the war.
43. I lost my wallet yesterday.
44. The loss of her purse caused her much inconvenience.
45. You have lots of time to finish the work.
46. Don't you think the radio's a bit loud?
47. Don't talk so loud.
48. I love my motherland.
49. Her love for him never waved.
50. She is a lovely girl.
51. They met in May and became lovers soon after.
52. There was a low murmur of conversation in the hall.
53. Judy bent her face low over the notebook.
54. Tom was lying on the lower bunk.
55. The deer lowered its head to drink from the pond.
56. He has a lumber-mill.
57. My mother-in-law has a sewing machine.
58. Can you give me an explanation of the man-machine interface?
59. She was almost mad with grief when her son died.
60. They are mad about football.
61. Several maidens were invited to attend her wedding.
62. The ship will start its maiden voyage next Monday.
63. I opened my mail and was surprised to see a broken vase.
64. I went to the post office to mail the letters.
65. The teacher asked me to note down the main points of the speech.
66. I turned the gas off at the mains before I went out.
67. Wine is made from grapes.
68. The news made her happy.
69. This event has made the headlines.
70. All man are born equal.
71. He managed the company when his father was away ill.
72. I finally managed to find the book I was looking for.
73. I don't like to talk with him; he has a very rude manner.
74. It is bad manners to interrupt.
75. This firm manufactures cars.
76. Many people would like to take holidays abroad.
77. How many students are there in your class?
78. There is a map of the world on the wall.
79. Scientists are trying to map the surface of the moon.
80. Science is on the march.
81. The troops marched on.
82. This term will begin on March 1st.
83. The wet glass left a mark on the surface of the table.
84. The road we should take is marked on the map.
85. The invention of the computer marked the beginning of a new era.
86. The people are the makers of history.
87. Will you marry me?
88. She married money.
89. I wish I could be a master of this subject.
90. It's not easy to master a foreign language.
91. Our team has won the football match.
92. She lit a cigar with a match.
93. The hat and shoes are a perfect match.
94. The curtains don't match the paint.