1. The dying leaves became brown and curled up.
2. She curled up in front of the fire with a book.
3. The lovely boy has beautiful blonde curls.
4. This word is no longer in current use.
5. The current is strongest in the middle of the river.
6. This button switches the current on.
7. I drew the curtain as it was getting dark.
8. The castle was hidden behind a curtain of smoke.
9. Social customs vary greatly from country to country.
10. She followed her usual custom of spending Sunday at her villa at the seaside.
11. It took us only a few minutes to get through the Customs.
12. Don't cut your finger on the broken glass.
13. His cruel remarks cut me deeply.
14. Before this play is broadcast several cuts must be made.
15. I go to the university twice daily.
16. I like to read China Daily on my way home.
17. She loves to dance to music.
18. The waves danced in the sunlight.
19. Her whole life has been given to the study of dance.
20. The operation is a success and now the patient is out of danger.
21. Violent criminals like that are a danger to society.
22. It's dangerous to be so near to the tiger.
23. His dog looks dangerous.
24. How dare you say such a thing?
25. He dared me to jump over the river.
26. I dare say you are right.
27. It's a dark and moonless night.
28. Some children are afraid of the dark.
29. He turned off the light and the room was in complete darkness.
30. He dashed across the street and ran towards me.
31. This Greek dish is of a very early date.
32. They made a date to meet soon.
33. I can't date that house exactly, but it must be very old.
34. Mr. and Mrs. Jones have 3 daughters.
35. Joan of Arc was one of France's greatest daughters.
36. He is the man of the day.
37. You can see stars by night, but not by day.
38. His love for you is dead.
39. The meeting will deal with these problems.
40. It means a great deal to her.
41. He holds life dear.
42. The accident cost him dear.
43. Car accident caused many deaths.
44. That defeat meant the death of all my hopes.
45. We owe you a debt of gratitude for you help.
46. We'll run into debt if you spend more than our income.
47. He deceived me into signing the papers.
48. You are deceiving yourself if you still believe that she loves you.
49. My little daughter was born in December.
50. Don't decide on important matters too quickly.
51. He decided to get married.
52. Britain declared war on Germany in 1914.
53. I now declare this meeting open.
54. The customs asked me if I had anything to declare.
55. Deeds are better than words when people are in need of help.
56. The deer escaped to the deep forest.
57. The ship sank deep into the sea.
58. The union said that they would take action to defend their member's jobs.
59. How can you defend the killing of animals for pleasure?
60. Water freezes at 0 degrees Celsius.
61. They cannot be trusted in the slightest degree.
62. To do this job, you must have a degree in English.
63. We decided to delay our wedding until next year.
64. Our plane was delayed by fog.
65. After much delay, he finished his paper at last.
66. He takes great delight in painting.
67. He delighted the audience with his performance.
68. Newspapers are delivered every day.
69. The doctor delivered her baby.
70. They prayed to God to deliver them from danger.
71. The accused man denies that he has ever met her.
72. I was denied the chance of going to university.
73. He has denied his country and his principles!
74. The train to Beijing will depart from platform 3 in half an hour.
75. Children depend on their parents for food and clothing.
76. The country depends heavily on its tourist trade.
77. We are depending on you to finish the paper by Friday.
78. The police asked me to describe exactly how it happened.
79. The guard deserted his post.
80. The baby's mother deserted him soon after giving birth.
81. The writer decided to live in the Sahara Desert for some time.
82. He deserved to be punished.
83. You've been working all morning---you deserve a rest.
84. I desire happiness.
85. I am filled with desire to go back home.
86. There is a desk in the boy's room.
87. You may leave your key at the reception desk.
88. An atom bomb would destroy a city.
89. She found out her husband was a devil soon after her marriage.
90. The grass was wet with dew.
91. She wears a diamond ring on her left hand.
92. His secret died with him, for he never told anyone.
93. Flowers make no difference to this room.
94. He's a different man from what he was 10 years ago.